Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MEDITATE WITH GOD, QUIET THE SOUL

When I remember Thee on my bed, I meditate on Thee in the night watches, for Thou hast been my help. And in the shadow of Thy wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to Thee; Thy right hand upholds me.” Psalm 63:6-9 Today our minds are full of troubling thoughts. Our lives are so busy that we can’t hear ourselves think. But, like David, we must learn to say, “Soul, be quiet.” We must learn to come before the Lord in quietness. A wonderful way to come before the Lord is to silently sing a quiet worshipful song until your mind is quiet and you can begin to talk to God and to listen to what He has to say to you. Wait quietly in His presence. Acknowledge your total dependence on Him. Thank Him and praise Him for what He does in your life. “When I remember Thee on my bed, I meditate on Thee in the night watches for Thou hast been my help. And in the shadow of Thy wings I sing for joy.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt God's quiet peace filling my inner-most being just as I read this.
Thank you!
Deb