Friday, February 27, 2009

IN SILENCE WILL I WAIT

“My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock…" Psalm 62:5-7 David was a great king. We know that from his lineage came Jesus. But David was not a perfect man. He - like we are - was weak and vulnerable. He was guilty of great sins. But David was used by God. Many of the Psalms were written by King David, as were these. In this passage, David is giving recognition to the work of God in his life. He doesn’t try to hide his sins. He comes clean with God and opens up his life before Him. He speaks to his soul and says, “Soul, be silent. My hope is in God. God is my ROCK." What do we see when we think of a rock? A rock can be very small or very large. But it’s hard; solid. It doesn’t surrender to a squeeze and come apart; it fights back at a sledgehammer. It doesn’t give way easily to breaking up. A life built on The Rock can withstand the uncertainties and storms of our lives.

No comments: